Cool off on a hot summers day with this fun twist on a classic drink and make yourself some super refreshing gin and tonic ice lollies.
Made with fresh lime juice, these ice lollies are a complete show-stopper and will most definitely be a hit if you’re planning to have a garden party with family and friends.
Here’s the ingredients you will need:
- 50g caster sugar
- 50ml water
- 100ml gin
- 100ml lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 600ml tonic water
- 10 lime slices (optional)
To make 10 ice lollies, simply follow the below instructions:
- To make simple syrup, add the sugar and water to a pan and heat gently until sugar has dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the gin, lime juice, tonic water and simple syrup. Divide the mixture between each lolly mould, leaving a little space at the top to allow to expand.
- Freeze for 1-2 hours until semi-frozen then push sticks into place. Also add lime slices at this point if you want, pushing them to about halfway down. Return to freezer for a further 3 hours, or overnight.
- To remove ice lollies from mould, run lukewarm water over the mould to loosen before removing.
You can view the full recipe here, which includes some really useful top tips!
We hope you enjoy making your ice lollies!